Login with your username at: www.janesmithwebdesign.com/framework/wp-admin.
You will see a menu to the side and some buttons at the top of the screen:
Add or edit pages:
To edit an existing page do the following:
- Click ‘Pages’ from the left menu
- Click on the Page you wish to edit
To add a new page or ‘Media’ (photo, video etc) do one of the following:
- Hover over ‘New’ from the top menu, or Page from the left menu, and click your choice from the fly-out menu, or
- Click ‘Pages’ from the left menu and select ‘Add New’
Editing a page
- Type in or change the text in the main editing box.
You can change the appearance by selecting a Heading level or paragraph from the drop-down menu, or format the text in the normal word-processor way.
Hover over any of the buttons on the menu to see what they do.
Insert Media (photo/video etc)
- Click the ‘Add Media’ button
- Upload the file or picture you want to display or click on an existing file or
- Drag a file from your normal ‘Explorer’ window onto the screen until you see a ‘Move’ button.
- Select ‘Insert’ to place the picture on the page.
- You can also change many of the setttings by using the boxes on the right
- To alter the picture, click on the image and click the ‘Edit Image’ icon
Select the correct sharing and other options
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Untick allow comments
- Select the layout you require
- Tick Show sharing buttons
Save the page
- Click ‘Update’ on the right of the screen to save the page:
Editing the rotating Gallery
- Open a page for editing (as above)
- Click on the ‘Add EasyRotator Rotator to this Post‘
- Click either New Rotator or the name of your gallery, eg Gallery
- Click either Insert Rotator Into Post or Edit this rotator
The Wizard will launch. (You may need to install the EasyRotator software the first time – just follow the instructions on screen.)
- Hover over Add Photo(s)/Video then click Add Photo(s)
- Navigate to the folder on your computer containing the photos or select photos from the tab for Media already uploaded
- CTRL + click to select the photos you want to enter and click Add Photos
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to see the newly added photos.
- Click Re-order/Delete Mode to change the order by dragging and dropping the photo, or by clicking the ‘x; button to delete.
- Click Re-order/Delete Mode again to return to editing the photos.
- Click Tools > Optimize/Re-size photos to save the photos to the most ideal size (around 300 x 450)
- Click OK
Make sure that the Target Max size is set to at least 300 x 450 and the Resize Mode is set to Scale only
- Click Start
- Click Close
- Edit the title and description
- Click Save and Exit followed by Back to Manager
N.b. this will finish editing a gallery that already existed – no need to ‘Insert Rotator Into Post if it was/is already there. If is a new rotator, click Insert Rotator Into Post > Align Center/Left/Right > Insert Rotator
- Close the Rotator Window with the ‘x’ button
- Click Update to save your page
To alter the menus that appear do the following:
- Click ‘Appearance’ from the left main menu (or hover over ‘Appearance’) and/or
- Click ‘Menus’ (from the main menu)
Add Pages to the menu you want to alter by:
- Select the tick-box by the page you want to add
- Click the Menu tab for the correct menu, usually ‘Main Navigation Menu’
- Click ‘Add to Menu’
- Drop and drag the page title to the point in the menu that you want
- If you want it to be a sub-menu, drag it to the right until it is indented
- Click ‘Save Menu‘
Change the ‘Strapline’ or ‘Tagline’ (currently “Putting YOU in the picture”)
- Select ‘Appearance’ from the left menu
- Select ‘Customize’
- Click the small arrow by Site Title & Tagline
- Edit the Tagline
- Click Save & Publish